Cape Town is a destination unlike any other, offering guests that holiday of a lifetime. This piece of Africa on the southernmost tip of the continent blends luxury with culture to create a vibrant atmosphere and beauty unlike any other. As the city has an unreliable public transport system we highly recommend that guests make use of airport car hire.
Cape Town has a natural beauty unmatched by any other South African city and was voted as the number one tourist destination in the world by the prestigious TripAdvisor in 2011. Here are some of our favourite things to do in the city:
1. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is a hot spot amongst tourists and locals, and is said to be the heart beat of Cape Town. This is the place to eat, go shopping and watch local performers, as well as go on boat cruises and enjoy sundowners whilst the sun sinks behind Lion’s Head. A visit to the V&A is an absolute must; no trip to Cape Town is complete without it.
2. Simon’s Town is an idyllic navy town which can be found just half an hour away from the CBD. It offers guests the chance to soak up the sun and explore the navy history of Cape Town. Amongst the most popular things to do in the quaint suburb is to have lunch whilst looking over the yacht club and splash in the waters of Boulders Beach with the many penguins who call the beach home.
3. Camps Bay is the trendiest beach town in Cape Town and is the place to be seen and heard. Catch a tan whilst lounging on the beach and enjoy a sundowner whilst watching the sun set over the sea. Camps Bay can be found on the Atlantic Ocean side of the peninsula and is ten minutes away from the CBD. As public transport doesn’t often make its way to this side of the Cape, you’ll need to make use of your airport car rental.
4. Cape Town is home to some of the world’s most loved and enjoyed wines. The Cape Winelands can be found just forty minutes from the CBD and can be explored in private groups whilst using airport car hire. The wines are easily found in Cape Town restaurants and in grocery stores in the Mother City; however there’s nothing quite like tasting wine in its own cellar.
5. Hermanus is about an hour’s drive outside of Cape Town but is a place tourists cannot miss out on when visiting the Mother City. Use your airport car rental to get you there and spend a couple of days whale-watching and soaking up the sun in this seaside town.
6. Milnerton and Blouberg offer idyllic views of Table Mountain and show guests a different side of Cape Town. Airport car rental will come in handy as you’ll be able to drive along the lengthy beach front, stopping off for ice creams and lunch wherever you choose. This is also a popular destination for kite-surfers.
7. If you’re into surfing, Muizenburg is the place to visit. Here, surfers come in their hundreds to enjoy the surf on this endless beach. Good weather, delicious delis, a pristine beach and a great view of the mountain make this one of the most beautiful places to visit in Cape Town. And whilst you’re visiting Muizenburg, make sure you do the “breakfast walk” to Kalk Bay and browse through the beautiful and trendy shops along the main road. This is one of Cape Town’s most popular places to unwind with a cocktail or pastry.
8. Rhodes Memorial lies above the University of Cape Town and offers beautiful views of the Southern and Northern Suburbs. This is the perfect place to stop for tea and to enjoy quiet views of the city. Drive here in your airport car hire; Cape Town will steal your heart with its magnificent views.
9. The Cape Point Nature Reserve takes you to the southernmost tip of Cape Town and is the place where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet. A drive through the nature reserve will showcase the Cape’s beautiful and unique ecosystem and will treat you to beautiful wildlife sightings. Dine in the nature reserve’s restaurant and enjoy lunch while watching schools of dolphins play in the water below.
10. And last, but definitely not least; a visit to Cape Town would be incomplete without a visit up Table Mountain. Here, you’ll be faced with awe-inspiring views of different sides of Cape Town and will gain a new perspective of the Mother City. Take a ride on the Table Mountain Cable Way or climb up to the top of the mountain; enjoy tea in the restaurant or a lunch to go from the cafe; a visit to this beautiful icon of the Mother City isn’t something you’ll want to miss out on.
Cape Town offers guests an array of attractions and things to do; make sure you get to experience them all by using airport car hire. Cape Town will inspire and relax, offering you the perfect vacation and time away that you’ve been dreaming of. Make sure you visit each of our favourite destinations and enjoy the Cape in all its glory.